- The real world of seven-plus billion human beings is so far beyond simple metrics like good and evil as to make mere presentation of big data an irrelevant distraction for understanding the reality of complex society. Instead, humbly acknowledging its […]
- What is the origin of Coronavirus SARS-COV2? Is the lab leak hypothesis valid, i.e. novel coronavirus SARS-COV2 escaped from Wuhan Institute of Virology after years of dangerous gain-of-function research? OR Is it an unforeseeable natural virus – some latent coronavirus, […]
- “The ideology of individualism is dependent on a denial of the past as relevant to the present… Individualism denies the significance of race.” — Robin DiAngelo “Individualism is for f*gs.” — Richard Spencer “Telling affluent white progressives they’re racists and […]
- The population of the United States is five times that of the United Kingdom. No surprise therefore that the two countries media output tends to see American output pushing the envelope on big budget Hollywood blockbusters and seasons of highly […]
- There’s a lot of stupid people in the world. We don’t think of ourselves as dumb, so life is always a bit of a battle against the confirmation bias of encounters with stupidity teaching us to see everyone as stupid; […]
- Progressives who tweet about their opposition to Biden’s bombing of Syria won’t mention that the US is also: Occupying 1/3 of Syria Stealing Syrian oil & wheat Crippling the Syrian economy with sanctions Supporting Al-Qaeda affiliates in Idlib Preventing reconstruction […]
- Forced Consensus or Natural Confluence? Orthodox or Heterodox? If we were to list the genuinely ‘good’ humanity-improving creations of the internet age, I suspect Wikipedia would feature on almost everyone’s top ten. It’s an unparalleled resource. It’s one of the […]
- “The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum.” – Noam Chomsky (Manufacturing Consent) Chomsky cuts to the bone as always. But the […]
- The United Kingdom is made up of four “countries” with very different histories. England, the largest, essentially conquered and integrated the others under the English Crown, formalized in the Act of Union 1707. More recently, there has been a drive […]
- Corrupted social justice pathogens from the battlefield of American political warfare are infecting British activism, institutions and culture, spilling over into the UK public narrative undetected because there is no native built-up resistance. My biggest concern about culture in the […]
“I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.”
– Rainer Maria Rilke
DEFINE REALITY IN 50 WORDS OR LESS
#2 was selected for the challenge entry. It’s not perfect. Any suggestions for improvement would be welcome!
- Reality is an objective aspiration to see the world as it is, subjectivity held to account by science. It is the distillation through the scientific method of the observed, experienced environment – from the proximately tangible all the way to universal conditions – separating the erroneous white noise of bias, habit, ephemera and error from those persistent peer-reviewed conclusions that most accurately codify the diverse crucible of existence.
- Reality is the distillation of observed experience using the scientific method to winnow the erroneous white noise of cognitive dissonance, bias, presumption, subjective distortions and imperfect memory – so as to most accurately codify, without objective evidential contradiction, the persistent conditions of macrolimbic existence.
QUOTATIONS FOR SPRING 2020
“Being racist isn’t a yes or no thing, [it’s] like being hungry. You’re not [hungry] right now, but a cheeseburger could cut you off in traffic and you could get hungry real quick… You didn’t even know you were hungry for that type of cheeseburger.”Shane Gillis (comedian and co-host of Matt and Shane Secret Podcast)