- On February 10, 2020, President Donald J. Trump sent Congress a proposed Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 budget request of $740.5 billion for national security, $705.4 billion of which is for the Department of Defense (DoD). The FY 2021 budget supports the […]
- “The vast, profitable, citadel-backed industry of content creation for the absorption of public excess attention (and time). Mainstream is as crowded with content as it is limited on free ideological expression. Mainstream media guides the rump of public opinion, day […]
- Divisive Mass Propaganda Conspiracy in the modern world is a complete red herring. Not because today’s popular conspiracy theories are false; but because the culture around dripfed conspiracy theory is a planned distraction designed to mislead a targeted portion of […]
- Why is there no community coalition (Labour, LibDems, Greens) against Tory kleptocracy in the United Kingdom? In power terms, well-planned cooperation would turn the current zero sum divided game into a win-win seat-gaining approach for ALL parties. As it stands, […]
- It might be a sad truth of human thinking (human connections) that as a person lives longer and knows more, other people listen to them less. Maybe it’s an age thing in our younger-facing culture. Maybe it’s a potential calculus, […]
- #blacklivesmatter America and Britain have a legacy of race imperialism. Ghettos and prisons are not a good solution. Freedom of opportunity in individual lives should be the goal. It is equity as opposed to equality. Plutocracy’s self-preserving strategy is always […]
- HOMOGENEAL Consciousness is a lucky corollary of brain evolution, as neurological complexity developed to facilitate greater intelligence over millions of years natural selection, in the crucible of changing environment, scarcity and sexual competition. Equally amazing as the evolution of consciousness over millions of […]
- Over the past two decades, an alternative approach to monetary theory has developed that integrates the insights of Knapp’s (1924) state money approach (also called chartalist and adopted by Keynes (1930; 1914)), the credit money view of Innes (1913, 1914), […]
- It used to be an axiom of liberalism that freedom meant inalienable self-ownership. You were your own property. You could lease yourself to an employer for a limited period, and for a mutually agreed price, but your property rights over […]
- Identity politics, cancel culture, wokeness, echo-chamber media, tribalism, data science profiling of individuals into big data demographics; the latest evolutions of the world’s hegemonic force – consumer capitalism. It’s creating a monopoly on customers, same as its corporations create a […]
“I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone.”
– Rainer Maria Rilke
DEFINE REALITY IN 50 WORDS OR LESS
#2 was selected for the challenge entry. It’s not perfect. Any suggestions for improvement would be welcome!
- Reality is an objective aspiration to see the world as it is, subjectivity held to account by science. It is the distillation through the scientific method of the observed, experienced environment – from the proximately tangible all the way to universal conditions – separating the erroneous white noise of bias, habit, ephemera and error from those persistent peer-reviewed conclusions that most accurately codify the diverse crucible of existence.
- Reality is the distillation of observed experience using the scientific method to winnow the erroneous white noise of cognitive dissonance, bias, presumption, subjective distortions and imperfect memory – so as to most accurately codify, without objective evidential contradiction, the persistent conditions of macrolimbic existence.
QUOTATIONS FOR SPRING 2020
“Being racist isn’t a yes or no thing, [it’s] like being hungry. You’re not [hungry] right now, but a cheeseburger could cut you off in traffic and you could get hungry real quick… You didn’t even know you were hungry for that type of cheeseburger.”Shane Gillis (comedian and co-host of Matt and Shane Secret Podcast)